Tuesday, July 24, 2012

THE END OF " AULAS ABIERTAS"

Unfortunately our rulers don't think that the permanent learning through life is a valuable thing. The CEPA "Joaquín Sorolla" in Madrid has been offering English and Computer Technology classes for many years giving the opportunity to learn to hundreds of students who have been hard working and very motivated people. Teaching them has been a real pleasure. The instructions for next course leave these classes apart. We have done our best to convince the authorities of the importance of these classes but there is no money for education in our country now. We are very very sad about it. Adult education will never be the same.


This is part of the group of "English Level 1". We had great expectations for the next course but we won't probably be a group any more. Anyway we'll keep on trying. We won't give up. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Ana, I’m very sorry for the cancellation of the program. As you said, we have to keep on trying. I liked my teacher (who looks like another student) and colleagues’ pictures. I wish I would have had the opportunity to be there as well. Kind regards. Leoncio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leoncio,
    I¡m glad to hear from you. I hope you'll feel well soon.
    At the end of September we will know how many groups we can open. There will be about 3 groups of low level. So I think that your group 2A will be open. But 3 groups compared to 12 that we used to have is so little...We will miss 4 teachers and about 200 students. It's very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leoncio, Your son has an excellent English!!!

    ReplyDelete