Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SNOW

It's snowing in Madrid today!!! At last!!!
Sergio was looking forward to seeing the snow this winter and I suppose he is also seeing it in Sierra de Gredos, oh my Goodness!
Whenever I see the snow I think of the unforgettable winter I spent in Massachusetts in the academic year 1993-1994.
I took several courses of Literature and I read a lot  of books written by new American writers. I read How the García Girls Lost their Accents by Julia Alvarez. It is a beautiful novel about a family from the Domenican Republic who started a new life in the US following the American Dream. There was a beautiful chapter in the novel  entitled: Snow about how Yolanda, one of the sisters, saw the snow for the first time at school and described it. It is a lovely text, which I have found on the Internet and I post for you.... Beautiful!!
Enjoy the snow!

https://www.box.com/s/8hi61d94xzf0kroxxcrj

No comments:

Post a Comment