Monday, November 17, 2014

ANOTHER 15 YEARS "A TU LADO"


Enrique is still in many people's lives. There are a lot of fans of that voice and those poetic lyrics who cannot forget him. I do not understand why his only biography is not published anymore. He is part of the musical history of Madrid and he does not have his street yet. He died fifteen years ago. I woke up with that news on the radio and I could not believe it. I had seen him in lots of concerts since the 80s, with Los Secretos, with Los Problemas and with Begoña Larrañaga. I met him once in a pub in Moncloa and we were talking for a while. He was polite and sweet. I lost his autograph but I will never forget his words. I met him again in the underground in Ciudad Universitaria. He was a genious but so accessible at the same time. Both qualities do not often go together. I went to  this concert two weeks ago. I had gone to last year, tribute too. One of the musicians of Emisión Zero is a guy from my neighbourhood. They play fantastically. Both concerts were very emotional, unforgettable. Many people miss Enrique fifteen years later but in a way we feel HE IS STILL A NUESTRO LADO.

No comments:

Post a Comment