Sunday, March 11, 2012

PROYECTO: 4. A SONG: BEFORE AND NOW






ACTIVITY FOR MY CONVERSATION GROUP
Listen to the song: A Different Corner by George Michael. This is the video-clip of the 80s. 
Then, listen again and fill in the blanks of the lyrics of the song:

SONG: A DIFFERENT CORNER BY GEORGE MICHAEL
I'd say (1) ____ was a magical thing
I'd say (2) _____would keep us from pain
Had I been there, had I been there
I would promise you all of my (3) _____
But to lose you would (4) ____ like a knife
So I don't dare, no I don't dare
'Cause I've never come close in all of these (5) ______
You are the only one to (6) _____my tears
And I'm so scared, I'm so scared

Take me back in time maybe I can (7) ______
Turn a different corner
And we never would have met
Would you care?
I don't (8) ________ it, for you it's a breeze
Little by little you've brought me to my knees
Don't you care?
No I've never come close in all of these (9)
You are the only one to (10) ______ my tears
I'm so scared of this love
And if all that there is, is this fear of being used
I (11) _______go back to being lonely and confused
If I (12) ______, I would, I swear
I swear.
I was a fan of Wham and George Michael in the 80s. I am still his fan. I have been  to all his concerts in Madrid. The last one was last September. It was called Symphonica and he sang with an orchestra. He has changed a lot in many aspects in all these years but he stil has a wonderful voice.
SPEAKING ACTIVITY: Think about a famous person that you have always admired. Look for some information about him/her on the Internet if you want to. Write a short summary of his/her career. We'll talk about the past and the present of our idols in class.



No comments:

Post a Comment